The Hawassa University has made ten (10) scholarships worth $12,000USD to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students to undertake Masters Programmes.
Application Deadline: 19th November, 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries.
Eligibility: The scholarships are open to all qualified young African Nationals who meet the following Admission Requirements
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Maximum age of 32 years
- Fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language
Number of Awardees: 10
Value of Scholarship: For successful candidates, the scholarship award covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- A round-trip economy rate air ticket from candidate’s home country
- Boarding at campus of Hawassa University in provided facilities
- Monthly stipend of 300 US$ to support living expenses
- Total amount of 1,200 US$ to support Masters Research. (In case this fund is not sufficient, the student should find other supplementing sources)
How to Apply: Interested candidates should complete the Application Form which is available on the Africa Union web-site: http://www.au.int/en/scholarship Applications must include the completed Application Form together with the following documents:
i. Summarized CV including education, work experience and publications if any;
ii. Certified copies of relevant certificates, and transcripts;
iii. Personal details page of national passport;
iv. Recent clear passport size photograph;
v. Recommendations from two academic referees with contact addresses; and
vi. An essay of not more than 500 words that explains the motivation for applying the chosen field of study, its importance to Africa’s development, and how the qualification will enable the candidate to serve the African continent.